Monday 2 March 2015

"English? What dat?"

Who here likes foreign women? I do... along with the rest of the male population... It is hard-wired into us to like attractive women... Even more so when its a girl wjo is exactly your type... Regardless of their nationality!

Now! What about cartoons? More specifically... Anime? I'm sure that my generation of guys, have watched at least 1 anime in their life. Something like Sailor Moon, Death note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Naruto, ghost in the Shell, One Piece, Neon Genesis, Toradora! or some other anime!

Any guy who likes anime, has thought about dating an anime girl at least once in their lives!

So anyway... My Japanese friend set me up on a date with a girl-friend of hers. One thing she forgot to mention when we met was... She doesn't speak English... Yeah...


Well... Yeah... Again... English is a very... important language to use... Especially if you are on a date...

We introduced ourselves using sign language, gestures and a lot of King Kong style movements.



Have you ever tried asking "How are you?", "What do you do?" or "Where do you live?" in signs? Try it and see whether anyone ever understands you...

For "How are you?", I pointed at myself and gave a thumbs up, then I pointed at her... She gave me an incredulous look... I tried "Where do you live?", I waved in the air and pointed at the floor, saying Malta then at myself... I then pointed at her... "What do you do?" was the cherry on the cake... I waved at her and pointed at myself making swimming and angry gestures... She thought I was getting angry at her...



A BRAINWAVE SURGED AND I SWITCHED ON GOOGLE TRANSLATE! Pity that the voice read it with a feminine voice -.-'...



It was one of the funniest dates I ever had. We went for drinks to a nearby bar and whilst ordering I had to use Google translate to ask her what she wanted...

SHE ANSWERED BACK IN ENGLISH (with her Hi-tech phone) USING MICROSOFT SAM.

This lasted more than 4 hours of trading broken Japanese phrases with Microsoft Sam... I'm sure that whoever noticed us... was just a t a lost for words... How could you describe it in any other way...


She was a huge fan of anime - especially Bleach! She decided to liken me to Kaname Tosen

At the end of the night, I walked her back to her residence and Microsoft Sam told me that she would "love to meet again". Google Translate answered her back that "Maybe, we would!"

We didn't!!! Xd




No comments:

Post a Comment