Monday 2 March 2015

Depressed much!

Being who I am... I never have gotten depressed or sad for longer than a week... Its not because I have thick skin but because I can compartmentalise everything. I learnt to do that thanks to an event when I was younger.



My friends normally describe me with 3 main adjectives: LOUD, HAPPY and ENERGETIC! And Bless their tiny hearts... They're not wrong... I am... My nicknames have ranged from "Monks" for climbing on trees to "Volume" for being loud and "Livewire" for being constantly in form and a tiny power-station by myself. They once joked that I was Powerman!



I went on a date with a girl that I met at a party... (I say girl cause she's 19 and I was 3 years older than her at the time) and planned a spectacular evening for her... (albeit to be honest... I actually wanted to do most of the stuff anyway - she was kind of in it for the ride...)



We started the afternoon off at badger carting and had a lot of fun. She crashed into the tyres so many time... that I lost count and the cart was probably a wreck by the end of it.

It continued to a Karaoke Bar where I had the pleasure of singing the one sing I actually know how to sing - All-star by Smash Mouth! She sang like a body builder on steroids... I felt our glasses shake on the table with the resonance.



The end of the night was at a pub just off the main road. We sat down and relaxed... My back was aching and she was just complaining non-stop about her feet.



AS we walked back to my car and sat down... She turned towards me and said with all seriousness in her voice: "Why are you depressed? You look like you are pretending to enjoy everything!" Being a patient man... I said "WHAT?" TO which she repeated the exact same sentence...

Now as I said! I'm the Happiest guy that you can imagine and no one can take that away from me. That being said, I was extremely offended at her accusation... Almost like defendant in a suits episode... I'm worse than the guy below!



She lived less than 500m but I was still INITIALLY going to drop her off home...

I asked her... "Listen... Can you fix my mirror, please? Its crooked."

She looked at me questioningly... And I repeated the same phrase again but added, "It can only be done form the outside."

She got out of the car and tried fixing it.



I pulled the door shut saying that I couldn't "see the mirror otherwise" and as she backed away...

I SPED OFF!!! IN A CLOUD OF DUST AND INTO THE DARKNESS!!!



YES, I KNOW THAT IT WASN"T A NICE THING TO DO!!! BUT I'M HAPPY AND NO ONE EVER, EVER CALLS ME DEPRESSED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment